splicemachine ERROR 08001: java.net.ConnectException

It is for Big Data Database discussion like Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, Riak, HBase, Couchbase, Neo4j, Hypertable, ElasticSearch, Accumulo, VoltDB, Scalaris etc.
mohit123

splicemachine ERROR 08001: java.net.ConnectException

Postby mohit123 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:17 pm

We have upgrade cloudera from 5.1 to 5.2.1.
After upgrade we see the below error in splicemachine and we have doubt that cloudera 5.2.1 is not supported by splice.
[root@user123 splice]# . ./sqlshell.sh
========= rlwrap not detected. Consider installing for command line history capabilities. =========
Running Splice Machine SQL shell
For help: "splice> help;"
ERROR 08001: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused.
splice>
could you please clarify that is CDH 5.2.1 will support the splicemachine?
I think error is something related to db connection. can anyone help on this?

Re: splicemachine ERROR 08001: java.net.ConnectException

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi, on splice machine website they are saying, "the error is usually caused by a memory or networking problem."

So, first check you have enough memory and your splicedb is up. Also you can check your port 1527 is accessible.

Re: splicemachine ERROR 08001: java.net.ConnectException

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi,

I got same problem but I found that it was not related to memory or network connection.

When I was trying to connect the splicedb; it was generating some error logs in one of the hbase regionserver. The error log was saying there is one hbase block in hdfs which is corrupt.

I deleted that block from Hbase region server. Finally my splicedb got access.

enjoy! I think it may work because splicemachine may not handling the corrupt hdfs block properly.

Return to “NoSql Database like Cassndra, Mongo DB etc.”