Hive Configuration Properties for Metastore and database

This is for Hadoop eco system like HDFS, Map reduce, Hive, Hbase, Pig, sqoop,sqoop2, Avro, solr, hcatalog, impala, Oozie, Zoo Keeper and Hadoop distribution like Cloudera, Hortonwork etc.
forum_admin
Site Admin

Hive Configuration Properties for Metastore and database

Postby forum_admin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 am

How to configure Metastore configuration property in hive? How i can set for remote database or JDBC connectivity for my database in Hive configuration properties.

Re: Hive Configuration Properties for Metastore and database

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:27 am

Metastore configuration properties for Hive. This properties will help you to connect local or remote database with Hive.
    1) hive.metastore.warehouse.dir
    It is a directory path where your managed table will store. the default path is /username/hive/warehoose.
    2) hive.metastore.local
    it is a boolean property which tells you would like to connect with embedded metastore server or remote server. The default value is true.
    3) hive.metastore.uris
    It will tell to specify the remote metastore server to connect hive. it will not set if hive.metastore.local is true.
    4) javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL
    It is a JDBC url for metastore database. The default value is jdbc:derby:;database Name=metastore_db=
    5) javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName
    it is tell you specify the JDBC driver class name. the defailt value is org.apache.derby. jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
    6) javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName
    JDBC username and default name is APP
    7) javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword
    It will set JDBC password and efault password is mine

Below link will give more details for Metastore deployment modes.
http://www.cloudera.com/content/clouder ... _18_4.html

Return to “Hadoop and Big Data”