controller for hardware device

This is pure electronics like Processor, transistor, diode, ROM, RAM related discussion..
navneetpatel

controller for hardware device

Postby navneetpatel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:35 am

how to create controller for hardware device?
i am familiar with java and j2ee technologies, now i wanna learn about device controller,
but i don`t know how and from where should i start to learn for get well mastery on this controller part, i am new in this technologies, would you please help me to how should i start to learn? which computer language is required for this and if there have any tools available that help to develop controller easily ?

Re: controller for hardware device

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:04 pm

A device controller is a part of a computer system that makes sense of the signals going to, and coming from the CPU. There are many device controllers in a computer system. Any device connected to the computer is connected by a plug and socket, and the socket is connected to a device controller.

You can develop device controller by Micro Processor or Micro Controller. But high level language like C++ and Java may help to provide better solution and usability.
The object-oriented programming language C++ is extremely well suited for writing automation control software. Because it is object-oriented, C++ provides elegant mechanisms for developing reusable interfaces.

Read below artical for the device controller or driver program. Develop your USB controller.
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7353

device controller vs Device drivers

1) A device controller (hardware) understands "software" input. It translates software input into something a hardware device understands. Controllers sometimes have their own memory and their own cpu.

2) Device drivers are purely software, no matter where they are found. Device drivers communicate between the operating system and the physical device controller.

3) Where a driver or contoller is physically located can be a fuzzy concept, but what they do is different.

You can say that device controller is actualy a hardware (exists in physical sense) and device driver is software.

navneetpatel

Re: controller for hardware device

Postby navneetpatel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:19 am

thank you very much for your reply,

would you please help me to start-up for develop controller and driver, if you have any beginners tutorials than please share it to me, my email is "navneet.siddhapara@gmail.com"

Return to “Electronics and VLSI Design”